So a couple weeks ago I wrote about altering the neckline on Jenn’s dress. Well now I’ve added the final details and its finally finished! You can see the progress below. After altering the neckline, the next step was to make the waist band and bow.
After I created the bow, I had to hand sew it onto the dress.
And here is the final product!! I’m very pleased with the results. The bow ended up looking like a combination of various inspirations that I found and is kind of my own take on the abstracted bow. The original design was actually the result of a compromise. When I made my first sketches, May and Jenn both wanted the same dress, the one with the large bow on the bust. Jenn and I came up with this idea so that everyone would be happy, and I actually really love how it turned out. Its different enough from the other bow dress, but will fit in well with the whole group. I think it looks really sophisticated yet girly and cute at the same time.